STORAGE AND TRANSPORT
Compared with a standard single-piece kayak the sectional design of the Tequila allows much more convenient storage and transport options. The smaller separate pieces can be put away, for example, under the stairs or a bed, inside a beach hut (much more secure than leaving it outside), or standing upright in the corner of a shed or garage.
They are popular with yacht owners, as rather than having to be tied on deck (ie in the way), the sections will fit through a hatch for storage inside the cabins – on top of or underneath a spare bunk perhaps. And similarly for motorhome owners, there’s no need to struggle up and down from the high roof; Tequila sections will go through the side door.
The sections will also of course fit inside many cars, so you don’t need a roof rack. This means:
– They are much easier to load/unload, particularly if you have a high-roof vehicle, or like to go kayaking alone.
– You won’t have any concerns about knots coming undone, or straps coming loose.
– Your car will be much more economical (a kayak on a roofrack sucks fuel).
– You won’t get annoying wind noise or whistles, as you tend to with roof-borne kayaks!
The time it takes to assemble a Tequila kayak (seconds) is far, far less than the time it takes to put a standard kayak on and off a roof rack, so you also get MORE TIME AFLOAT.
Generally speaking two pieces of a P65 Tequila (ie a Solo one-person) will fit inside most hatchback cars, whilst three sections (ie a Tandem two-person) will fit inside most estate cars.
The largest section is 5ft 7″ (170cm) long by 2ft 6″ (76cm).
PRICES (June 2018):
– Tequila Solo (red, blue, green or yellow),
£749 £599. UK Mainland Delivery, most destinations, £40 (or collect free from Christchurch, Dorset)
– Tequila Tandem (red, blue, or yellow),
£1,199 £999 Delivery £60 (or collect free as above)
– Tequila middle section only (make your Solo into a Tandem). £499, delivery £20 (or collect free as above)
COLOURS. We currently – June 2018 – have a few red and yellow Tequila kayaks, with more limited availability on the blue and green (sorry now no green middle sections). We are happy to “mix and match” different colour middles with fronts and backs, eg red front and back, yellow middle.